Daniel Robinsons & Sons - Bishop's Stortford
A highly successful independent family funeral directors, looking for part or fully qualified accountant. We have fifteen branches incorporating three trading names, a turnover of over £10m, were named one of the top 100 companies to inspire Britain 2016 by the London Stock Exchange.
As an account manager, you will be reporting to the Head of Finance & Operations and will play a key role in the smooth and effective running of the company.
Primary functions include:
- To oversee the day-to-day accounting requirement of the company
- To be responsible for the accounts team of 4, three administrators and an invoice clerk
- Reporting of financial data and KPI's using the existing reporting systems on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Preparation of the annual financial statements, including liaising with external auditors
- To assist with ad hoc projects and analyses as required
- To complete SAGE Payroll and VAT returns
- To take a major role in the internal control and risk management processes
- To negotiate to achieve best value from supplier contracts for key services, e.g. utilities
- Qualified or part-qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA with at least 2 years relevant work experience
- Expertise and aptitude for working in and developing the financial systems
- To be capable of providing inspirational leadership, support and training to other members of the accounts team, including the ability to propose time saving solutions through process reviews and better use of the existing systems
- Excellent IT skills including knowledge of SAGE accounts & Payroll and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc)
- Confident and outgoing personality who is able to prioritise, adapt, be flexible and work to deadlines
- Position is based at the Company's head office in Bishop's Stortford, but own transport is essential.
Salary & Benefits: Up to £50 p.a., plus benefits, depending on skills and experience.
Daniel Robinson & Sons are committed to equal opportunity and diversity.
Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications may apply.
This position offers excellent career opportunities to progress and develop within this role.
Please include a covering letter with your application which should be addressed
Daniel Robinsons & Sons,
79/81 South Street,