We are looking to recruit 2 enthusiastic and caring Midday Supervisors who have empathy and an understanding of children of Primary School age. You will take responsibility for the health and safety and security of children during the School lunch break and will supervise the pupils in the area in which they eat their lunch and manage queues accordingly.
You will attend to accidents in the playground in accordance with the School procedure and guidelines on accidents and their treatment and ensure that all accidents are properly recorded using school systems. You will have the ability to understand and follow relevant procedures, e.g. health and safety, child protection (including issues regarding restraint), school behaviour policy.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Supervise pupils in the area in which they eat their lunch and manage queues accordingly.
- Assist and supervise the clearing away and tidying of the eating area and mop up spills when required.
- Supervise /engage pupils after lunch, either inside or outside of the school building, being especially vigilant as to the health, safety and security of the pupils within their care, and in accordance with the School Behaviour Policy.
- Ensure reasonable behaviour and safe conduct of pupils by maintaining good order and discipline, dealing as appropriate (including restraint) with all incidents of disorder ensuring that any disruption is minimised.
- Attend to accidents in the playground in accordance with the School procedure and guidelines on accidents and their treatment. Ensure that all accidents are properly recorded using school systems.
- Act as a responsible caring adult with the health, safety, and welfare of the children always in mind; must show conduct which commands respect.
- Where appropriate, collecting pupils from classrooms if going straight into the playground, ensuring they are adequately dressed for the prevailing weather conditions where necessary.
- Ensuring in accordance with instructions given that all pupils return to the care of teachers at the end of the lunch period. Information about lunch time should be feedback to each teacher within the year group. Any serious incidents should be recorded using school forms.
- Full training will be given
Hours: 1 hour per day 12.10-13.10 Monday to Friday (Total 5 hours a week)
Closing Date for Applications: Friday 18th October 12 noon
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Start Date: Immediate start following successful DBS clearance
How to apply?
If you are interested in applying for this post or require further information, please contact the school office for an application form on 01572 823489 or Office@dsatleighfield.org.
We are committed to safeguarding our pupils; therefore, the successful applicant will be required to agree to an Enhanced Disclosure check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and provide references.
- Application form: Leighfield Application form (239kb) (the link will open in a new window)