37.5 hours per week on a rota basis
We are currently looking for consultants for Bury St Edmunds, Mildenhall, Sudbury, Newmarket and Ipswich.
Hays Travel, the UK’s largest independent travel agent, specialises in providing good value, quality holidays alongside excellent customer service.
Well-travelled and trained, our staff pride themselves in providing excellent customer service to every client who trusts us with their holiday arrangements. Our independence means we have access to a wide choice of tour operators and airlines, and we always endeavour to find the perfect holiday for the best possible price. As well as finding people their ideal holiday, we arrange all the extras like car hire, transfers and insurance. There’s a foreign exchange bureau in each of our branches across UK, where you can pick up commission free currency before you set off on holiday.
As we’re constantly expanding, we’re always looking for people to join the team. People who, like us, are passionate about the industry. People who want to enjoy the rewards of their work. People who want to share in the success of a company which continues to go from strength to strength.
Of course, it's not all about work. We're very sociable and there are always lots of team night-outs and company parties. We also celebrate outstanding performances at our prestigious 'High Flyer' events for staff.
Providing excellent service to customers, you will be involved in selling services and products face-to-face after gaining a full insight into individual holiday aspirations. Having confidence and flare, you will effectively adapt your selling style and build a rapport, whether over the telephone, face-to-face or through social media. Provided with ongoing training, you will be equipped with specialist knowledge to confidently advise on an extensive range of holiday packages and tailor-made holiday experiences, as well as a range of ancillary and insurance products, with a view to achieving your individual and team sales targets.
- Achieving individual sales targets
- Achieving team sales targets including foreign exchange
- Assisting with the day-to-day operation of the branch
- Identifying and meeting customers’ needs by providing exceptional customer service at all times
- Participating in promotional events and activities to increase exposure of the branch
- Using social media to promote offers, generating customer engagement and sales leads
- Willingness to participate in and deliver training appropriate to own development
- Effectively performing administrative duties
- Ability to work towards individual and team sales targets
- Excellent communication skills and customer service experience
- Good accuracy and numerical skills
- Enthusiasm and positive attitude with a commitment to contribute to the growth of the business
- Competent IT Skills
Qualifications / Experience Required
- Previous travel agency experience with a proven sales record
- A recognised travel qualification
- Excellent travel product knowledge with a good working knowledge of tour operator systems
- To undertake any other duties that may fall into the job criteria
- To conform with all company policies and procedures including health and safety
- To treat all employees, customers and suppliers with dignity and respect
- This job description is not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities of the post but simply reflects the key areas involved
Please click 'Apply Now' to email Rebecca for more information or to apply.