Scale 4, Point 18-21 £18,870-£20,541 (pro rata at Comberton VC)
Required – February 2019
The Cam Academy Trust is seeking experienced Finance Assistants to support our very busy finance teams at Cambourne Village College and Comberton Village College. These positions are for 37 hours per week, on a term time plus two-week basis at Comberton Village College and 52 weeks per year at Cambourne Village College. Daily hours of work will be subject to discussion at the point of interview.
We are looking for a committed, flexible and reliable person with good finance experience. Knowledge of SAGE 200 would be an advantage, but knowledge of finance systems and Excel spreadsheets is a requirement. Your interpersonal skills will be excellent, and you must be able to work under pressure. Confidentiality is a must, as is a high level of numeracy and literacy.
The successful candidate will be highly organised, comfortable working at pace and to tight deadlines, and have the ability to make decisions with rapidly changing priorities.
Closing date midday on Wednesday 6th February 2019.
Interviews will be conducted later that same week. Please indicate on your application form the school to which you wish to apply.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
• Ensure an extremely efficient, administrative and financial support service within the
• Assist in the establishment of good relationships with staff, families, governors and external agencies in order to promote the Trust/school’s positive ethos and aims.
• Operate Sage 200 System which will include ordering, issuing invoices/credit notes, processing invoices, payments and income, month and year end procedures.
• Issue receipts to parents and others for money (upon request) received in school.
• Attend regular finance meetings as requested by a Senior Leader
• Attend all relevant Finance Training courses
• Complete all periodic and occasional financial forms/ returns required by the Trust under the supervision/instruction of the Headteacher.
• Provide staff with termly updates/reports for their subject co-ordinator budgets.
• Manage the administration of school lettings and caretaker overtime forms
• Manage and process all supply claim, overtime, bi-claim and starter forms
• Ensure adequate arrangements for the safe collection, accounting and banking of all monies in accordance with approved regulations.
• To process cashless catering transactions, including daily input, reports for the catering service and weekly reconciliation
• Manage Wise Pay/Parent Pay including trips etc
• Manage petty cash within the parameters of financial procedures.
• Assist with the preparation of orders, receiving and checking deliveries and
payment of invoices for debtors and creditors.
• To assist with the preparation of cash for banking
• To assist with the day to day duties of the finance office.
• Be committed to the school’s safeguarding policies and procedures including child
protection, internet safety and anti-bullying.
• To conduct your daily activities in line with our code of conduct for all staff.
The Cam Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, barred list check and a medical questionnaire.