TEACHING ASSISTANTS REQUIRED
(Initially 1-year temporary contract)
Salary range GLEA 2.3 - 3.9 (£15,097 - £16,341)
39 weeks per annum (term time + 1 week)
Required for as soon as possible
South Lincolnshire Academies Trust are seeking to appoint enthusiastic, committed and confident Teaching Assistants to join the SEN Team at Spalding Academy. Working as an integral part of the team, the successful candidates will be someone who:
• Is a team player; assertive; pro-active; shows initiative;
• Assists in planning & preparation of activities and preparation of classroom;
• Promote development and learning, self-esteem and independence;
• Monitor and reports students’ needs;
• Will carry out reasonable daily personal care/hygiene duties and administer basic first aid as required;
• Is flexible in their approach to their working hours;
• Has a sense of humour.
Essential for the role is the ability to establish mutually respectful and supportive relationships with our students. The work will be challenging but rewarding and experience of working with students of secondary school age would be an advantage although not essential, as would any relevant qualifications. You are required to be educated to GCSE levels or equivalent in Maths and English.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all its staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to satisfactory clearances prior to taking up an offer of employment.
For an application form and further information please visit www.slat.org.uk. Please return applications to Tracey Berry, HR Manager tracey.berry@ spaldingacademy.org.uk
Closing date for applications is 9am Wednesday 20 January 2021.
Interviews will follow shortly thereafter.
Executive Headteacher: Mrs L Conley
South Lincolnshire Academies Trust Limited Registered in England & Wales
Company Number 7559187
Neville Avenue, Spalding, Lincolnshire PE11 2EJ