Part 1 Architectural Assistant/ Architectural Trainee
Liv Architects are a small RIBA Chartered Architects practice located in Flitcham in West Norfolk. Our work is highly focussed on sustainable/ low energy contemporary domestic architecture in Norfolk.
We are seeking an RIBA Part 1 Architectural Assistant or Architectural Trainee to join our small studio, to provide support to senior staff.
The role will involve providing support to the Director and senior design staff including but not limited to:
- Producing 2D drawings using Vectorworks CAD software within the requirements of our CAD Standards
- Undertaking site surveys and drawing up as-existing plans, sections and elevations
- Producing 3D models using Sketchup, and producing CGI renders using the VRAY plugin to Sketchup and Photoshop following the prevalent practice style
- Producing presentation InDesign documents in support of senior staff
- Making physical card models as required.
- Liaising in a professional manner with clients, consultants and contractors as needed.
The successful applicant will ideally have the following attributes:
- Part 1 Qualified Architect / BA or BSc in Architecture or Architectural Technology, or HNC/ HND in Construction.
- Proficiency with some form of AutoCad software; Vectorworks preferred but not essential as training can be provided.
- A good level of presentation skills, ideally with proficiency with Sketchup and the Vray plugin, and Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.
- Ability to work well individually and as part of a team, and manage your time to meet required deadlines.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- This is an entry level role; practice experience is not a requirement.
The successful applicant will be required to be based on our Flitcham office, so a full UK driving licence and access to own vehicle essential.
This role is advertised as full-time, although part-time options would be considered if preferred by the sucessful applicant. Salary commensurate with experience.
Applicants should provide a CV and a limited portfolio of work, max 5MB to firstname.lastname@example.org; application closing date 24th February 2021.