PGL are currently looking to recruit a Maintenance Manager at Bawdsey Manor, our outdoor activity centre in Woodbridge, Suffolk. Bawdsey Manor has stunning facilities and provides an exciting challenge for the right individual.
In this key role you will be responsible for overseeing the planned and reactive maintenance of the centre, managing your team to ensure our facilities exceed the expectation of our guests.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintaining high standards of general upkeep and routine maintenance of the centre facilities including grounds, buildings and vehicle fleet;
- Ensuring compliance with all statutory, mandatory and internal requirements, undertaking checks, testing, record keeping etc;
- Managing a budget and implementing effective cost control measures;
- Ensuring company safe systems of work are adhered to and procedures relating to Health and Safety are followed at all times;
- Reacting to and managing emergency situations in relation to the maintenance of grounds and facilities i.e. boiler breakdowns, power outage etc;
- Assisting with centre specific duties associated with a residential activity centre;
- Managing property related projects.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an effective manager with a trade or facilities background who will take responsibility for delivering an exceptional customer experience. You will be an effective communicator with the ability to provide clear direction to your team, ensuring instructions are understood and the team is working efficiently. As well as being able to review your own performance you will be able to monitor the performance of your team providing constructive feedback and ensuring new or innovative approaches to work are considered to meet the team’s goals. You will be confident using computers and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office. You will also be required to hold a valid driving license.
How to apply:
To apply you will need to complete a short application form that will ask you some key questions. You will then be asked to attach a CV and covering letter before submitting.
Successful applicants are required to undergo an enhanced DBS disclosure, which PGL will pay for. You need to possess the legal right to live and work in the UK to be considered for employment with PGL. PGL is committed to the principles of equality and diversity and welcome applicants from all sectors of the community, including those with disabilities.