Digital News Editor
Digital news editor - Iliffe Media Group
Love news? Love digital? This could be the job for you.
Iliffe Media Group is the UK’s fastest-growing independent publisher with some of the country’s best-known brands in its portfolio.
We are now seeking an outstanding, adaptable and enthusiastic journalist to head up the digital publishing activity across our portfolio in Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire and west Norfolk.
What you’ll be doing
● Working closely with our editors, news editors and reporters in Stamford, Grantham, Spalding, Newark and King’s Lynn to develop and grow our digital audiences across our web and app platforms
● Optimising stories for digital and ensuring our websites engage our audiences
● Identifying and implementing trending and shareable stories
● Taking the lead role in developing our multimedia output including podcasts, newsletters and social media accounts
● Using analytics to help set the news agenda
● Taking part in daily news conferences with editors from across the region
● Collaborating with colleagues elsewhere in Iliffe, including the newsdesks at KentOnline.co.uk and SuffolkNews.co.uk, to share story ideas
● Working with our audience development manager to grow our subscriber base
What you will need
● A full NCTJ or equivalent qualification and experience working in a fast-paced, digital-first newsroom
● An instinctive understanding of the stories our readers want - and the ability to use data to refine your approach
● Enthusiasm, adaptability and the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues ranging from trainee reporters to senior editors
What we can offer
● A competitive salary and benefits
● The opportunity to make your mark in a company placing digital at the heart of its business
● A flexible approach - we have offices in Newark, Stamford, Spalding, King’s Lynn and Grantham and this role can be based in any of those locations. We also value life/work balance and will accommodate an element of home working if desired.
Please send a covering letter and CV to
by Friday April 23.