UX Designer Cambridge
- Amber Resourcing
- 55,000 - 56,000
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The Opportunity: UX / UI Designer
This is an amazing opportunity for you to join an extremely passionate and capable team here in
Cambridge&39;s technology heartland. You will become an important force in our development team
as we continue to build and scale our technology to meet demands.
You&39;ll be working alongside some of the brightest minds, bringing to life new products, services
and capabilities. You&39;ll be challenged with designing a first class user experience for a spectrum
of user personas, creating delightful user interfaces and instilling a desire for people to want to
use our products and services. Your creative abilities will be a cornerstone of a world class
customer and user experience that set a new standard for expectations throughout our industry.
As someone who is passionate about great product design with an extreme focus on the end
user and customer experience, you will play a critical part in the next phase of our growth.
We&39;re looking for someone who is strong individually and even stronger as part of the team:
- First and foremost, you&39;ll be a natural problem solver.
- You are able to put yourself in the mind of the end user, empathise with their needs and
design experiences that are intuitive, easy and that people want to use.
- You are bright, capable and have a tendency for getting things done.
- You are results focused.
- You can work at speed and under pressure; you&39;ll be someone who thrives in a
- You are proactive, self-motivated and someone who pays attention to detail.
- You will be a great communicator with the ability to work closely with our software
engineering team to bring your creative ideas to life.
Skills and Experience
- 3&43; years of experience in web design, with a demonstrable ability for web application
design containing complex UI components with rich levels of functionality.
- UI / UX tools such as Figma and / or InVision for prototyping and showcasing design
ideas through interactive mockups.
- Be user centric, being able to connect with the user and empathize with their needs and
- Be willing to spend time with our user base, to solicit feedback and engage them as part
of our journey.
- Be a strong communicator and able to articulate, explain and sell ideas and approaches
to other stakeholders, backed by sound reasoning.
- Be fluent with HTML and CSS, bringing your creations to life by supporting the
implementation team with the creation of required web assets.
- You&39;ll have a proven track record of delivering delightful user experiences and should be
able to showcase your achievements.
Any experience with the following is a bonus:
- Bootstrap 5
- Photoshop / Illustrator
- PHP or Node.js
- Graphics / Icons / SVG