Buyer Production Materials
- Flat Fee Recruiter
- 30,000 - 35,000
- Retail & Wholesale
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Buyer (Production Materials)
&163;30,000 - &163;35,000
Full Time, Permanent
Our client's company is the home of injection moulding expertise, specialising in tooling, precision plastic injection mouldings and product development engineering. Since 1965, innovation and high-quality standards have been at the heart of what they do, allowing their family-owned business to gain knowledge and experience from around the globe.
About the Buyer Role:
- To manage all commercial aspects of the supply base through a process of understanding and monitoring the relevant commodities and to negotiate the best total cost price for the materials and consumables purchased, ensuring a cost positive contribution to the business's competitiveness and performance.
- To source and manage a supply base appropriate for the supplying of raw material and consumables which meets the businesses needs and requirements, ensuring the suppliers are selected through a process of supplier selection and their performance and compliance to standards, that is regularly monitored and reviewed through by means of auditing and review meetings.
- Ensure all duties are performed in a safe and efficient manner within the parameters of current health and safety legislation (HASAW Act 1974).
- To manage supplier contracts making sure they are relevant, in date and compliant with any regulations and laws and to ensure a process of annual contract reviews is in place and undertaken.
- To undertake / conduct price negotiations for all raw and consumable materials on a regular basis ensuring the price paid is correct for the commodity and volume required by the business and to verify this by tracking the commodities through ICIS LOR.
- To manage the piece part price database on SAP to ensure that all purchase orders raised and presented for sign off are presented to the correct value.
- To manage supplier information / agreement details within the business partners database on SAP to ensure the supplier details are correct at all times.
- To negotiate payments term with all suppliers ensuring the payments terms agreed are the most appropriate / advantageous for the business.
- To define and agree with suppliers the delivery frequencies and to establish minimum order quantities (MOQ) and multiples of.
- To ensure the process of supplier selection is followed, thus evaluating the suppliers selected are categorised ensuring the correct and appropriate suppliers are selected.
- To monitor and measure the performance of key suppliers through a process which captures the relevant performance data for cost, delivery and quality.
- To manage any allocated direct reports, ensuring they are trained and competent to conduct role and to monitor their performance against the set goals and objectives.
Goals and Objectives:
To ensure all suppliers, materials and consumables are supplied to the business in compliance with agreed contract and meet the expectations of the business and monitored through:
- Price delta management.
- Supplier performance of QCD.
- Control of Supply agreements/contracts.
- Raw material cost management in line with stock policy.
Communication and Development:
- Take part in briefing sessions as and when required.
- Highlighting any information, concerns or problems, which may affect your personal, team or site performance.
- If required by the company, introduce new employees into the operation training them as required.
- Through the appraisal process, identify areas of personal and team development required.
- Develop through continuous performance improvements, customer service and operational efficiencies.
How to apply for the Buyer role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this Buyer job, just click "apply" today and watch out for an email giving you more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any other supporting documents you may have.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Other suitable skills and experience includes: Materials Procurement Manager, Procurement Assistant, Buying Assistant, Materials Buying Coordinator, Materials Purchasing Manager, Cost Management Assistant, Business Process Management, Business Efficiency Assistant, Supplier Management, Supplier Negotiation Manager.