- Ad Warrior
- 8.91 - 10.55
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Our client is the UK&39;s leading independent seed specialist and plant breeder. They breed, supply and treat high quality vegetable and agricultural seed through the UK, using the latest in plant breeding research and seed technology.
The company are looking to recruit 2 people who can operate a range of production equipment with a high level of attention to detail.
The successful candidates needs to be able to communicate well at all levels and handle routine tasks and procedures whilst working alone or as part of a team with an ability to remain calm and focused when working under pressure. Good planning and organising skills are essential with good levels of literacy and numeracy skills.
You should have a can-do attitude, be reliable, punctual and able to work in a physically demanding environment.
A flexible approach to working hours is required, especially when there are high demands for production output during the Winter / Spring seasons when we operate early and late shifts. You may also be required to assist in our Trials and Warehouse operations when production demands are low.
Working under the supervision of the Team Leader as part of the Seed Technology team to provide a quality service by using a range of equipment efficiently and effectively according to written protocols, procedures and safe systems of work.
- Work under guidance of the Team Leader and/or Production & Logistics Manager to ensure best use of materials and best product
- Carry out tasks according to Microsoft Dynamic NAV diary list and schedule, maintain inventory and apply products according to NAV task instructions and protocols
- Complete daily safety checks on equipment associated to seed treatment operations
- Take responsibility for keeping working areas clean and tidy and follow Health and Safety guidelines. Make suggestions for safer working practices
- Assist with any other reasonable request in order to fulfil business production requirements
Experience and Qualifications
- Experience working in a production environment
- PA1 and PA11 qualifications preferred but full training will be given
- English and Maths GCSE's or equivalent
If you feel you are a suitable candidate and would like to work for this reputable company, then please do not hesitate in applying.