- Marketplace Group
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Global publicly traded Chemical Manufacturer with sites in approximately 30 countries seeks an experienced Production Manager for its Chemical Manufacturing site in Cambridge.
About the role:
The company have an exciting vacancy for a Production Manager to join our Top Tier Chemical manufacturing site in Cambridge. The position will cover the full responsibility of the Manufacturing and Packaging departments of over 50 staff and act as a key member of the site leadership team, reporting to the Site Manager.
They are looking for an ambitious Chemical Engineer or Chemist with a background in operations and shift / team management experience, who wants to develop their career and leadership skills within an international organisation.
Duties may include:
- Be responsible for the EHS and Process Safety Management within the Production Operations environment.
- Manage and control the Bulk Production Plant and Packing Line operations with a direct link with all other supporting functions in the site.
- Provide effective leadership to the day to day operations of both departments, meeting customer requirements and efficiency targets
- Be accountable for safe manufacturing, cost effectiveness and striving for operational excellence within all areas of responsibility.
- Take ownership and accountability for site wide continuous improvement projects whilst implementing sustainable Opex methodologies (e.g. Lean, TPM, SixSigma etc).
- Coach and develop the Production Team Leaders by identifying, developing, and staffing the organizational capabilities & talent in line with operations objectives.
- Lead a performance and learning oriented culture, building high performance teams and building robust talent pipelines for the site.
Skills and experience:
- Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering with previous experience in a management role within a chemical manufacturing environment
- Experience in matured EHS cultures (preferably gained in top tier COMAH environment) with a working knowledge of process safety principals.
- Innovative and creative mindset to capture and promote continuous improvement opportunities in all areas of the site using Lean/SixSigma methodologies.
- Experienced leader with ability to manage, coach individuals and develop a high-performance working culture within the Operations team.
- Good understanding of budget / capex management
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with the ability to drive change at a site level and contribute as part of a cross functional site leadership team.
- Highly ambitious individual who strives to meet a standard of excellence, with the passion for improvement and a willingness to take calculated risks.