Customer Support Manager
- Thermoteknix Systems Limited
- Contract Type
- Full Time
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH A RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK WILL BE CONSIDERED
Company Technical Profile
Thermoteknix Systems Limited is a successful, international award winning company which has been established for over 35 years. We pride ourselves on being a friendly and successful, hi-tech, innovative Cambridge based company, supplying a world-wide market. We are a medium sized company engaged in the design, manufacture and sale of hardware and software for the thermal imaging and Industrial infrared sectors.
Thermoteknix designs and manufactures infrared cameras and modules for security, aerospace, military, and industrial applications. Products range from turn-key industrial systems for cement kilns, to miniature infrared cameras for stand-alone product or third party integration into hi-tech surveillance applications.
The company is privately owned and has its headquarters in Waterbeach, Cambridge, UK. Thermoteknix has been recognised by receiving multiple Queen's Awards in both Export and Innovation categories and is ISO 9001:2015 certified.
We are now looking for a dynamic and proactive individual to join our technical team as our Customer Support Manager. This position will be based at our Head Offices in Waterbeach, just North of Cambridge.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the role encompasses:
- Line management of 3 technical support/commissioning engineers
- Managing the company Customer Support function via the company Help Desk
- Providing first-line support across the entire product range
- Planning all commissioning activity for industrial systems
- Management of servicing and calibration activity (including equipment returns)
- Carrying out occasional servicing/commissioning visits
- Delivering training (on-site and remotely)
Thermoteknix' goal is to offer high quality service and support to our customers, both before and after the equipment sale. The Customer Support Manager is therefore required to be adaptable, conscientious, and able to deal confidently with customers.
Further activities include:
- Overseeing the technical support offered by the company for customers and agents and dealing directly with them at their level of competence.
- Referring those requiring additional technical input to either the technical support engineers or R&D engineering as required.
- Ensuring all support activities are dealt with competently and efficiently, and all actions are recorded and reported as required.
- Planning and organising all aspects of commissioning trips and liaising with our partner organisations to provide additional commissioning services when required.
- Liaising with other departments (particularly Sales, Production and Logistics) to ensure all support activity is conducted as efficiently as possible.
- Overseeing the provision of spares, service, and technical advice to our customers.
Whilst the role is primarily managing the delivery of technical services involving electronic, mechanical and software systems, technical knowledge is essential. Good organisational and problem-solving skills are also essential, as is a full driving licence. The successful applicant will have exceptional time-management skills and will be able to efficiently multi-task.
Excellent communication skills are required for this role, as is the ability to perform as part of a team. Previous technical experience in a customer facing role is preferred, as is commercial awareness. Proven experience of managing small teams is also a pre-requisite.
Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel is essential, as is an ability to develop detailed knowledge of bespoke software products.
HNC (minimum) in an engineering discipline preferred, though relevant experience will also be considered.
Company Mobile Phone
Contributory company pension scheme
Unlimited medical cover whilst travelling overseas
23 days annual holiday (3 days to be taken over Christmas) &43; public holidays
Summer BBQ/Christmas and monthly staff company lunches (Covid dependant)
Cycle to work scheme
Variable starting and finishing times when in the office
Normal working hours will be 37&189; hours per week when based in the office
For more information, please email your CV and a covering letter to:
Office Manager, Thermoteknix Systems Ltd