- Access Computer Consulting plc
- 40,000 - 45,000
- Contract Type
- Full Time
PERM - DBA - Nottingham/Remote - SQL Server - &163;40-&163;45k
We&39;re currently on the lookout for an experienced DBA to join a well known organisation in the Nottingham area. Regardless of their location, you will be working mostly from home, with travel to the office required around once per week perhaps. This organisation are experiencing a period of growth, with lots of exciting projects in the pipeline.
Working in the IT operations team, you&39;ll maintain and optimise the Microsoft SQL database environments and implement new solutions as part of project teams.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Provide third line database support
- Deliver a robust and stable environment which is well maintained.
- Perform auditing, monitoring, capacity management and security patching of database environments.
- Lead the deployment, configuration and troubleshooting of database technologies.
- Maintain documentation and mentor colleagues.
- Research into areas of technical interest.
- Drive operational excellence and maintain SLA to the business.
- As a member of the wider IT Operations Team, when required assist with supporting all areas of our infrastructure including servers and networks.
Your skills, knowledge and experience
Practical experience of the following:
- Database backups and recovery models
- Management of database access and security
- Database performance tuning and maintenance
- Installation and upgrades of SQL Server instances to appropriate standards
- Deployment, configuration and ongoing management of ETL processes
- End to end diagnosis of software issues and resolution of incidents
Desirable Knowledge and Skills
- Familiarity with the Microsoft BI Stack and supporting tools
- Data analysis and reporting
- OLTP and OLAP workloads
- Monitoring tools such as Redgate
- Visual Studio
- Appreciation of software development techniques and methodologies
- Hardware and server configuration (Operating System, storage etc)
- Basic understanding of LAN and WAN networking concepts
- Knowledge of data governance and compliance
Please send your up to date CV for immediate consideration.