- Thermoteknix Systems Limited
- Contract Type
- Full Time
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH THE RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK WILL BE CONSIDERED
Company Technical Profile
Thermoteknix Systems Limited designs, develops and manufactures thermal imaging and measuring equipment used in world-wide commercial systems, industrial, security and surveillance applications.
The company was founded in 1982 and retains its position at the forefront of the infrared imaging industry with a wide range of hardware and software products designed to meet the needs of a growing customer base.
The company is privately owned and operates from premises in Waterbeach, Cambridge, UK. It has been recognised by The Queen's Awards both for Export and Innovation and is ISO 9001:2015 certified.
Due to expansion, we are looking for an experienced individual to join our production team as a Manufacturing Assistant. The successful candidate should enjoy working as part of a small team and be a pro-active self-starter and professional communicator whose role will be to the assist the Production Manager in various technical and administrative tasks. This position will be based at our Head Office in Waterbeach, just North of Cambridge.
- Identify and report operational problems to prevent production delays.
- Develop or update standard operating procedures and best practices for production operations.
- Ensure that all equipment, materials and supplies are readily and continuously available to carry out production processes.
- Ensure the production process is carried out in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensure safety measures and procedures are followed to reduce unexpected incidents and hazards.
- Analyse overall budget and implement cost-optimization initiatives.
- Assisting with work kit preparation.
- Assisting with stock management.
- Handling day to day administrative tasks including monitoring production schedules, work instructions, procedures and creating reports.
- Overseeing quality control throughout the production process.
- Ensuring that production is completed before deadlines.
- Procuring and monitoring the efficiency of production equipment.
- Updating the Production Manager on the status of projects.
- Liaising and coordinating production with other departments
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time or the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
This is a varied role within a small team and experience of working in a similar role is essential. Applicants should have:
- Graduate or equivalent degree, with course work in production management, operations management, or similar.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing administrative role (minimum 2 years).
- Knowledge and competence with Sage is beneficial.
- Good planning and organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Effective communication skills with a professional telephone manner.
- Ability to work both on your own and as part of a small team.
- Take responsibility for quality of work produced and be able to adapt to priorities and ad-hoc workloads.
PC proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook together with accurate typing and computer literacy skills.
- Competitive salary
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Life assurance
- 23 days annual holiday (3 days to be taken over Christmas) &43; public holidays
- Summer BBQ/Christmas and monthly staff lunches (Covid dependant)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Variable starting and finishing times
- Normal working hours will be 37&189; hours per week
- The successful applicant will report directly to the Production Manager
For more information, please email your CV and a covering letter to:
Office Manager, Thermoteknix Systems Ltd