Bookkeeper - Payroll
- Accountancy Recruit
- 25,000 - 28,500
- Finance & Accounts
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Accountancy Recruit is very proud to be working on behalf of an Accountancy Practice with such a focused approach in partnering their clients to grow their businesses, informing and freeing up business owner&39;s time for strategic planning. I am recruiting for a Bookkeeper/Payroller, based in Colchester, to join this small and successful practice at a time of advancement. You will be working with experienced individuals and directly supporting the Director in delivering this important client service. This practice is technologically advanced and is consistently mindful of ensuing best business practices, processes and procedures achieve maximum efficiency.
Duties will include:
- Acting as the primary interface between clients on all payroll and pension matters.
- Preparing payrolls for approximately 40 clients on a weekly, and monthly basis.
- Payrolls vary from small, limited companies to Directors only.
- Gathering, calculating, and inputting data.
- Submitting payroll reports.
- Ensure month-to-month gross reconciliations for selected clients.
- Ensuring payment summaries and reports are sent to deadline.
- Complete year end returns for submission to HMRC.
- Produce P60s, P45s and P11ds
- Calculating SSP, SMP and SPP
- Calculating hours and overtime payments.
- Pension management and auto enrolment.
- Maintaining the computerised bookkeeping function for a range of clients.
- Maintain day to day transaction, month end trial balance and month end account reconciliations.
- Liaising with clients regarding financial and accounting issues in their businesses.
- Bank reconciliations.
- Preparing VAT returns.
So if you are currently working as a Bookkeeper, Accounts Assistant and or as a Payroll Assistant or Payroll Manager this job is perfect for you
Skills & Qualifications
- You will need to be skilled in bookkeeping, managing multiple payrolls to deadline and be familiar with payroll and pension compliance.
- Good IT skills including spreadsheets.
- Good client/customer service skills.
- Good organisation and the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Salary: &163;25-28,500 pa
- Holiday: 25 days, plus bank holidays
- Hours: 39 per week.