Head of Litigation, Property Management
- 70,000 - 70,000
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Head of Litigation- Property Management
&163;70,000 Base plus &163;20k Bonus and Benefits
The client is an expanding, successful and profitable Professional Services business, providing legal, contractual and Management services to a broad Commercial client base, predominately B2B but also private client, within the property sector. They provide a Litigation service for various property and contractual related disputes, and to assist with ambitious growth plans the Business needs to appoint an individual to oversee litigation Team, ensuring cases are dealt with expediently and clients receive a quality and professional service.
- Managing the team, overseeing HR responsibilities, in conjunction with HR. Ensure the team is trained and supported.
- Work with the Business Development team.
- Produce material used for promoting the work carried out by the firm, within blogs and articles.
- Achieve financial targets, as agreed within the business plan
- Manage the planning of the work load of the team
Conducting a caseload of Litigation files in Court Process to include;
- Advising on legal issues relating to client's case upon receipt of defence
- Meeting clients, virtually or actually, taking instructions and providing the necessary advice and services, based on the firm's specialism.
- Drafting/checking documents and letters within the proceeding: Particulars of claim, Interim Applications, Witness statements etc.
- Researching and analysing documents and case law to ensure the accuracy of advice
- Instructing external parties such as surveyors where necessary
- Corresponding with clients and updating on case developments and costs
- Negotiating settlements with Opponents and/or Opposing solicitors
- Checking all documentation prior to signing and implementing
- Maintaining and manage the case management system
- Ensuring files are invoiced as regularly as possible and clients are updates as to progress
We require an legal team manager, experienced with property matters, but also capable of managing clients, cases, a legal team and time management. We need a collaborative communicator who has the ability to get things done.