Principal Analyst - Net Zero Carbon and Environmental Sustainability
- Highways England
- 48,155 - 55,379
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Your new role
Are you keen to make a positive environmental impact across the whole of England and beyond? Wanting to drive change within an industry-leading organisation? If so, Highways England is looking to appoint a new Principal Analyst. As part of the Chief Analyst&39;s Division, where you will work with our new Net Zero Carbon and Environmental Sustainability team setting the direction for analysis, and influencing how analysis is used to improve design to support the development and implementation of our Net Zero Carbon and Environmental Sustainability plan.
This role is responsible for ensuring the Net Zero Carbon and Environmental Sustainability Plan is supported and underpinned by a robust body of evidence and data, and delivering baseline positions for our plans. The role holder will monitor progress of our activities towards the 2050 target against the baseline, and deliver against a series of internal and external targets.
What you'll be leading on
- Build upon the evidence base in the Net Zero Carbon and Environmental Sustainability Strategy, including establishing baseline positions and providing recommendations on analytical governance.
- Lead the development of appropriate Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Performance Indicators (PIs) to demonstrate progress against the Net Zero Carbon and Environmental Sustainability Plan.
- Lead the development of a set of monitoring tools that allows us to forecast carbon reduction and track progress against the Plan and the overall target of net zero carbon by 2050.
- Present information and data that helps obtain stakeholder buy-in for actions, initiatives and programmes that will support the overall target for 2050.
- Support the Chief Analyst&39;s Division in its mission to ensure analysis is highly visible, relevant, credible and tailored to support decision-making
- Find both practical and theoretically sound solutions to challenging appraisals, whilst remaining consistent with Green Book principles and government guidance.
To be successful
A professional Analyst, educated to degree level, with experience in more than one of the following areas is desirable:
o Data analysis
o Operational research
- Highly skilled Analyst capable of engaging the business to explain the analytical requirements on both the business case and the performance specification.
- Experience of designing and developing performance metrics and or carrying out analysis to support business cases/government spending.
- Experience of developing, tailoring and implementing analytical tools to allow for forecasting and monitoring.
- Experience of developing strategies and plans in a highly visible, transparent and scrutinised environment in Government or in a regulated/monitored organisation.
- Strong communication skills and ability to influence at a senior level. Experience of presenting technical and complex information at Executive level.
A bit about us
Strategy and Planning plays a crucial role at the heart of Highways England, providing strategic direction to the organisation and working closely with all directorates to enable delivery of the company's ambitious agenda. We lead on key corporate initiatives including the long-term ambition for our Strategic Road Network (SRN), the production and review of the 5-year Strategic Business and Delivery Plans and developing our national plans covering route strategies, investment and economic growth.
So if you want to get involved with our relationships with our statutory stakeholders, develop our strategic business plan to deliver the government's road investment strategy, provide high quality analyses to the rest of the organisation and lead on our key corporate initiatives, then we're the right place for you.
Why you should join us
At Highways England we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We're proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it - then you'll be a great fit for our organisation
And finally we reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, so we recommend completing your application as soon as possible.