- The One Group
- Contract Type
- Full Time
I&39;ve recently partnered up with an engineering company in Royston who are looking to hire an Infrastructure Manager. You will be responsible for on-site general IT and infrastructure systems, as well as work on projects and consult on IT strategy & direction.
If you&39;re looking for a challenge and enjoy being hands on technically; then this could be the right role for you, as everyday will be different and have new and different issues to resolve.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Play a pivotal part in strategy and planning, including disaster recover and incident response plans.
- Conduct market research into products, technologies and services that might be beneficial to the business.
- Own all elements of project planning within an IT capacity.
- Manage vendors, 3rd party suppliers and contractors to procure IT specific products and services.
- Be proactive in system monitoring and fault resolution.
- Complete laptop and desktop builds, day to day fault finding and resolution of end user incidents.
- Ensure company compliance with security policies and standards for both new and existing systems.
- Define software and hardware standards.
- Work closely with the Finance Director to manage operational costs and budgeting for IT.
- Engage with senior figures, keeping them informed and up to date regarding important or significant IT changes or activities.
- Practice asset management for IT systems, including maintenance, inventory and relevant documentation.
As stated, you&39;ll need to be a technical individual, so proven knowledge or experience in the below is crucial:
- Server builds and troubleshooting
- Virtualisation technologies
- Back Up technologies
- Windows Server
- Active Directory and related products including O365
- Windows Desktop Support
- Firewalls and networking
- TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS
- Ideally have experience with ERP systems
If you&39;re interested in knowing more, or would like to be considered; please apply with an up to date CV or contact Ashley at The ONE Group for more information.