- Service Service Employment Agency Limited
- 30,000 - 35,000
- Finance & Accounts
- Contract Type
- Full Time
My client who are a well-established advice firm 10 miles south of Norwich are looking for an experienced and qualified Paraplanner to join their existing team of professionals.
To work as part of the Paraplanning Team and assist in the completion of its' responsibilities.
Duties and responsibilities include:
Production of all advice reports completed by the team. This will primarily include the more complex pensions, IHT and investment reports written by the team. Senior Financial Planners will also peer check reports and provide compliance sign-off on less complex reports. Specific tasks may include:
- Fund, Model, DFM and Platform analysis
- Product comparison
- Product analysis
- Fund, Model, DFM and Platform research
- Charges analysis
- Compile suitability reports detailing the recommended advice to suit the client's needs, uploading the report into the system for the Financial Adviser to pick up remotely.
- Instruct the IFA Administrator to proceed with preparation of the pack for the client.
You will also provide technical support to advisers and administrators regarding complex planning matters.
The paraplanning team has a number of additional responsibilities such as due diligence, company training, maintenance of templates and the attendance of occasional client meetings.
The relationship with the Financial planners is critical to the success of this role. Therefore, the tasks typically undertaken may include:
- The discussion of the reports with the Financial Advisers, amending when necessary.
- Pre-populate client application forms ready for the Financial Advisers to discuss with the client
- Report obstacles and deviations from the agreed timescales to the Financial Adviser and IFA Administrator, so that client expectations are appropriately managed
My clients preferred starting level of qualification for this role is the Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning. Senior Financial Planners are encouraged to sit further Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) qualifications with a view to gaining the Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning.
To be considered for the role, you are required to have demonstrable knowledge and experience of Paraplanning, including knowledge of appropriate back-office systems such as Intelligent Office (I.O.) FE Analytics, Cashflow Modelling, Wrap comparators and you will ideally be Level 4 Diploma qualified.
Candidates need to be organised, analytical, able to follow direction and demonstrate attention to detail. Integrity, intuition, flexibility and the ability to work as a senior member of a team are also essential qualities.
An attractive and competitive benefits package is available with pension, more details are available upon application, salary is dependent upon experience.
Office hours are 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday