- 23,000 - 25,000
- Catering & Hospitality
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent - Full Time
Working Hours: 40 hours a week
Closing Date: 01/07/2021
&163;23,000 - &163;25,000
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much moreJob Introduction
Sodexo&39;s Government and Agencies segment are recruiting for a Chef manager to join the team at Merville Barracks in Colchester.
Colchester Garrison PFI is a large MOD site where Sodexo is at the heart providing services for the British Army and their loved ones.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced catering professional with strong leadership skills where you will be responsible for a team of chefs including their training and development.
For more information on the Colchester PFI please click apply.Main Responsibilities
- To plan, organise and coordinate junior ranks and hospitality catering including training and development of chef teams across Colchester PFI
- To perform and supervise the day to day activities and delivery of catering services
- To ensure standards of service detailed in the service level agreement, KPIs and within the schedules of the contractual terms and conditions are achieved.
- To contribute to the growth of all services to meet client and commercial expectations
- Continually monitor all food standards and hygiene standards and ensure they are maintained at the highest level.
- To drive catering performance through adherence to all promotional activity and marketing initiatives
- Experience of working in a management role within the service industry
- People management skills
- Good numerical, interpersonal and communication skills, must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication
- Management knowledge of health & safety and food safety
- Ability to make independent decisions
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards
- Proven experience in catering sector, including stock management, cash controls and customer service
- Must have one of the following qualifications or equivalent - BSC (catering), MHCIM, HND, City and Guilds 706/1 and 2, NVQ level 2 in catering
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo's connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing &43; Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo's value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We're a Disability Confident Leader employer. We're committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process