J&R CARE LTD are seeking
Senior Residential Child Care Worker
RESPONSIBLE TO: Registered Manager / Assistant Manager/Directors
SUPERVISED BY: Registered Manager/ Assistant Manager
PROFILE: To be responsible to the Registered Manager as a member of the staff team for the direct day-to-day care of the children and other supportive tasks and duties.
MAIN DUTIES Professional Child Care Practice
* To be accountable for the safe running of the home during shift leading
• Being responsible for the organising of the house and the shift including day to day management and delegation to RCW’s
• Supervising RCW’s
• To provide primary basic care and a nurturing, (therapeutic) environment and ensure that all shifts reflect this practice
• To be a positive role model for the child and encourage the child to develop meaningful relationships and attachments.
• To contribute to the normal development of the children to enable them to reach their fullest potential by providing a stimulating and varied lifestyle.
• To work with firm and consistent boundaries in order to create safety and containment for the children.
• To work with children and young people who because of past trauma display extreme challenging behaviour.
• To work alongside the child to help develop a true sense of identity and feel of self worth.
• To work alongside the Registered Manager/Social worker to provide a comprehensive history of a child’s life.
• To be able to identify signs of distress or abuse, and to ensure that children are monitored and protected.
• To be sensitive to the needs of individual children, taking account of race, culture, language and religion
• To talk and listen to children, and to observe their behaviour, and record significant features
• To be aware of the child’s rights and to work in an anti-discriminatory and anti-oppressive manner.
• To work effectively alongside other team members to ensure the child develops in a caring and consistent environment/atmosphere.
• To liaise, where necessary, with other professionals, i.e. schools, social services etc.
• To help child to integrate into mainstream school and social activities.
• To work alongside therapists to enable effective integration of care and therapy.
• To work with child and prospective carers to ensure child’s successful integration into a family when placed.
• To assist in preparation for reviews, meetings and attend these.
• To be a key worker of a child
• To perform ad hoc tasks as and when required.
Relations with Colleagues
• To act as a member of the staff team, supporting colleagues and being prepared to receive support as necessary
• To participate in staff meetings.
• To act flexibly, within reasonable bounds, in order to ensure the necessary cover for the home.
• To inform colleagues of relevant developments, for example during handover.
• To supervise more junior members of staff on a regular basis
• To share in the practical activities necessary to maintain a home.
• To set high standards in home making.
• To care for the fabric, equipment and grounds.
• To be accountable for monies allocated for specific purposes.
• To take responsibility for running the household effectively, setting and maintaining high standards of cleanliness.
• To ensure the children have a balanced diet.
• To adhere to Health and Safety Regulations and Procedures.
• To be responsible for accurate, concise recording of information about the child.
• To keep abreast of good practice in order to develop skills, knowledge and experience, in accordance with your personal development and employment contract
• To make use of regular supervision.
• To report to your line manager or other appropriate person, malpractice or evidence which may suggest it.
• To attend in-house and external training to develop skills, knowledge and experience.
• To commit to ongoing personal and professional development.
• To act in a professional manner, including personal autonomy, integrity and honesty
Please apply via email or head over to the website https://jandrcareltd.co.uk/