- MH STAR UK LTD
- Bury St. Edmunds
- 23,640 - 24,360
- Warehousing & Distribution
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Main Role Summary:
We are currently looking for an experienced Warehouse Team Leader to join our distribution centre in Suffolk. The ideal candidate will be responsible for supervising, managing and motivating team member on daily basis. You will be working closely with the Warehouse Supervisor to ensure smooth day to day running of the warehouse and supporting the team to successfully deliver the department objectives. The role is hands-on and all normal elements of warehouse work such as taking deliveries, stock maintenance, picking, use of pallet trucks, and some heavy lifting is also included.
- Oversee all phases of inbound and/or outbound warehouse operations including loading operations and material handling activities.
- Maintains inventory and product loss control, coordinates timely and accurate shipping and receiving, and ensures safety/operational guidelines are met.
- Ensure optimum levels of stock integrity are achieved through understanding of all processes and procedures of warehouse operations.
- Manage, motivate, coach, and train the warehouse colleagues.
- Deputise as necessary for the warehouse supervisor.
- Ensure the highest operational standards are always deployed and productivity targets are met.
- Receiving stock into the WMS system and dealing with any discrepancies.
- Ensure warehouse space is utilised effectively and kept clean and orderly.
- Maintaining clean, organised, and safe working environment in line with expected 7s standards.
- Ensure all products are handled as per client's specification and orders generated are picked and despatched the same day.
- Ensure the handling product is carried out to the highest standards of health and safety, equally applying best practice to the protection and packaging of customer's orders to sustain transition through carrier networks.
- Ensure adequate supplies of consumables and packaging are available to meet with all customer order dispatch requirements.
- Ensure area of responsibility is staffed commensurate to the achievement of scheduled and planned tasks in line with optimum service and cost efficiencies.
- Ensuring accurate records are maintained as per site operating procedures.
- Ensure all processes, daily checks, defect reporting, training, and operations of MHE are conducted in line with both company and legislative health and safety requirements.
- Working days/hrs will be on a rotational shift pattern, so flexibility is a must.
- Previous experience of warehouse team management is desirable.
- Qualified and competent to drive FLT.
- Basic IT skills including Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Good communicational skills, both oral and written.
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation.
- 20 Days holidays plus Bank Holidays.
- Staff discounts.
This is a full-time permanent position for 40 hours per week. The warehouse is open 7 days a week, and you will be required to work 5 out of 7 days, rotating early/middle shift including weekends.