PURPOSE OF ROLE
Our production coordinator is key to the smooth running of our furniture making workshop. By working closely with our production lead, you provide proactive administrative support to the team of makers and finishers and keep a tight control of materials and stock, as well as an excellent overview of all schedules and logistics. For someone with a proactive and curious mindset, the role will grow along with the company.
Hours: 9-5pm Monday to Friday.
Salary: £21k-23k depending on experience
Furniture stock, components & materials
- Understanding what’s involved in our manufacturing processes i.e. woodworking, metalworking, which allows you to anticipate the materials and time required to make furniture and lighting of the highest quality.
- Maintaining an excellent control of stock (checking stocks of materials and finished pieces of furniture).
- Allocating materials, components and expenses to projects.
- Booking returns or repairs promptly.
- Helping reduce wastage in the workshop and promote sustainability.
- Assisting with the implementation of our workshop processes/schedules and helping projects to run smoothly.
- Logging sick/annual leave accurately and allocating hours to projects /R&D/ non-chargeable projects. Ensuring complete discretion at all times.
- Taking ownership of elements of the health & safety programme at the workplace and trying to make it engaging and fun for others.
- Making sure each piece of furniture is in the right place at the right time within our production and logistics process.
- Taking notes in production meetings, paying attention to detail and relaying information between team members.
- Communicating and organising information about each project in our organisational software.
- Ensuring care guides are received from the studio/finishing supervisor, and a physical copy/care package is sent with each piece of furniture or light.
- Arranging timely and efficient delivery schedules of our finished pieces.
- Sourcing shipping quotes and managing the booking of collections/deliveries.
- Filing final photographs, delivery notes, tracking info and shipping certificates for each project.
ESSENTIALS - Key attributes for my role
Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and listening)
Attention to detail
Enthusiasm for design
Curiosity and creativity
WHAT MATTERS TO US | our company values
Positivity - We are always committed to performing ourroles in an engaged, enthusiastic and empathetic way.
Simplicity - We aim to consistently refine our processes to streamline our operations - communicating essential information simply, clearly and considerately.
Quality - We aim to achieve the highest standards in the work we produce at all times.