Nursery / Research Assistant
[Full-time] permanent position
Sakata Vegetables Europe is a subsidiary of Sakata Seed Corporation (Japan) and is responsible for the development and expansion of the activities across the EMEA area. At Sakata UK Limited breeding is focused on field brassicas and spinach. As part of our continued expansion in these crops we seek a person to support these
The role of the assistant will be to support the breeding team with the day-to-day activities of the glasshouse and
field trials. The key responsibilities include:
- 1) Field planning and establishment of the on-site trials.
- 2) Propagation of plants for field trials and glasshouse pollination programs.
- 3) Pollination of plants, seed harvesting and cleaning.
- 4) Site and glasshouse maintenance tasks. Coordinating with external suppliers when necessary.
- 5) Organising and sending seed with required paperwork for external trials around Europe.
- 6) Specific project management.
We are seeking candidates educated to a degree level or equivalent in horticulture and / or with relevant experience in managing plants and facilities. The ideal candidate will need good communication, interpersonal and IT skills and be willing to work across a broad range of diverse tasks and environments, both independently and as part of a team. The successful candidate must have dexterity and patience to perform delicate practical tasks and appreciate the need for accuracy. This role provides the right candidate with an excellent opportunity to develop a career with one of the leading global vegetable seed companies, in an interesting and rewarding industry.
This position is available immediately and is based near Boston UK. If this matches your project, please send us your application (CV and Cover letter), before 8th October 2021, by email at the following address:
Thank you for your interest.