Marshland High School part of West Norfolk Academies Trust
Scale C, Pt, 3-4, £9.62-£9.81/hour (£18,562-£18,933/year FTE based on a 37 hour week – please note that the salary will be pro rata)
27.5 hours/week, 39 weeks/year (term time +1)
Responsible to SENCO
Working With Designated pupil/pupils
SENCO Pastoral Support Officer
Purpose of the Job
To take the lead within the school to address the needs of named pupil/pupils who need particular help to overcome barriers to learning. To manage the provision of support for students with special educational needs and contribute to termly and annual reviews. To advocate on behalf of named pupil/ pupils, implementing the strategies and advice included in the pupil’s Education, Health and Care Plan or Learning Profile.
Supporting the Pupil
- Assess the needs of pupil and use detailed knowledge and specialist skills to support pupils ’learning
- Contribute to the planning and preparation of learning activities
- Encourage and promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils
- Develop and implement Learning Profiles
- Provide feedback to pupils and parents in relation to progress and achievement
- Undertake comprehensive assessments of pupils to determine those in need of particular assistance
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of all children and young people with whom contact is made in a professional context (within or outside of the Academy)
Supporting the Teacher
- Organise and manage appropriate learning environment and relevant resources
- Work with the Teacher in lesson planning, evaluating and adjusting plans as appropriate to meet the needs of the pupil
- Monitor and evaluate pupils’ responses to learning activities through observation and planned recording of achievement against pre determined learning objectives July 2021
- Provide detailed and regular feedback to the teacher on pupil achievement, progress and other matters, e.g. Learning Profiles
- Contribute to behaviour management within the school and take charge of situations to allow the teacher to continue to work with the rest of the class
- Supporting the role of parents in pupils’ learning and contribute to/lead meetings with parents to provide constructive feedback on pupil progress/achievement etc.
- Undertake support activities for the teacher as required
- Deliver learning activities to pupils within agreed system of supervision, adjusting activities
- according to pupil responses/needs
Job context and flexibility
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description provide a summary of the main aspects of the role. This is not an exhaustive list and the post holder may be required to carry out other tasks, as deemed appropriate to the grade and nature of the post.
This job description is current at the date indicated below but, in consultation with the post holder, it may be changed by the Headteacher to reflect or anticipate changes in the post commensurate with the grade or job title.
Due to the routine of the school, the workload may not be evenly spread throughout the year.
Flexibility of hours, and a flexible attitude and willingness to assist others in the team, when required is necessary.
The post holder will have a shared responsibility for the safeguarding of all children and young people. The post holder has an implicit duty to promote the welfare of all children and young people.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All staff will be subject to an enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check.
Where the post holder has a budgetary responsibility, it is a requirement of the role to work within the Academy’s financial regulations.
Closing Date 29th September 2021, for more information visit the
vacancy pages at www.westnorfolkacademiestrust.co.uk.