Teacher of Mechanical Engineering/Motor Vehicle
Magnus Academy is a rapidly improving school, rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted, seeking to appoint an outstanding and aspiring teacher of mechanical engineering/motor vehicle who is ambitious, dynamic and dedicated to ensuring the continuing improvement of high standards. This role offers an exciting opportunity for a well-qualified and excellent teacher to deliver level 2 and 3 Light Vehicle Maintenance to small groups of key stage 4 and key stage 5 students in an impressive workshop space.
The right candidate will be totally aligned to our values of determination, integrity, ambition, humility and compassion and completely committed to our vision: Through world class learning we develop people of good character who achieve excellence and make a positive contribution to their communities.
Why work for Magnus Church of England Academy?
- Rapidly improving school on a journey to become outstanding
- Highly visible and supportive SLT
- Excellent NQT training programme
- Leadership bursaries available
- Investment in leadership and career development
- Meaningful and exciting CPD that supports and develops all teaching staff
- No grading of lesson observations, a belief that everyone is always learning
- Bespoke coaching and development opportunities readily available
- Rigorous and easy-to-use behaviour system
- Well behaved students who are polite, respectful and look smart.
Our ideal candidate will:
- be aligned to our vision and values
- have a minimum qualification of a level 3 in Automotive Engineering/Motor Vehicle maintenance or the equivalent
- have a commitment to academic excellence and passion for helping all succeed
- be an excellent practitioner with an unwavering commitment to the highest standards for teaching and learning
- have ambition for further career progression and a commitment to continued professional development.
Application packs with more details can be retrieved from:
Deadline: Tuesday 5th October – 9am
Magnus Church of England Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to appropriate child protection screening including checks with previous employers and undertake an enhanced DBS.