Springwood High School part of West Norfolk Academies Trust
Scale E, point 7 – 11, £10.41 - £11.27/hour (£20,092 - £21,748/year FTE based on a 37 hour week) Please note that salary will be pro-rata
25 hours/week 44 weeks/year (term time +6)
Springwood High School are seeking to appoint a Cleaning Manager who will be responsible for the team of staff ensuring that a first class cleaning service is delivered to all areas of the school.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the cleaning industry and have good organisational and time management skills and attention to detail.
- Lead an efficient and effective cleaning service for the school
- Managing the Cleaning Staff ensuring Trust policies and Procedures are adhered to
- Manage cleaning staff absence in line with Trust Procedures
- Responsible for ensuring that all aspects of Performance Management, Probationary Monitoring, Induction and CPD for cleaning staff are completed in an effective and timely manner
- To manage cleaning staff, allocating them designated areas of the school to clean. Reallocate designated areas to cover any staff absence.
- Monitor the standard of cleaning throughout the school. Provide regular feedback to cleaning staff and Facilities Manager to ensure standards are maintained.
- Organise holiday cleaning of the school
- Form part of the interview panel for the appointment of cleaning staff
- Responsible for managing of cleaning budget and procurement of cleaning supplies and equipment
- Conduct stock management of consumables and spares
- Setting up meetings with staff and communicating relevant information
- Working alongside payroll administrator
- Ensure compliance with best practice and statutory requirements in the area of Health and Safety and recognise the responsibilities required under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- To be fully aware and to comply with the instructions under the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (C.O.S.H.H.)
- Must possess the necessary interpersonal skills to liaise at all levels and be able to work harmoniously as part of a team
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and leads by example
- Undertake other similar duties and activities that fall within the grade and scope of the post as directed by the Headteacher or Senior Leadership Team
Job context and flexibility
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description provide a summary of the main aspects of the role. This is not an exhaustive list and the post holder may be required to carry out other tasks, as deemed appropriate to the grade and nature of the post.
This job description is current at the date indicated below but, in consultation with the post holder, it may be changed by the Headteacher to reflect or anticipate changes in the post commensurate with the grade or job title.
Due to the routine of the school, the workload may not be evenly spread throughout the year. Flexibility of hours, and a flexible attitude and willingness to assist others in the team, when required is necessary.
The post holder will have a shared responsibility for the safeguarding of all children and young people. The post holder has an implicit duty to promote the welfare of all children and young people.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All staff will be subject to an enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check.
Where the post holder has a budgetary responsibility, it is a requirement of the role to work within the Academy’s financial regulations.