Rate: £9.67 per hour
Basis: permanent; approx. 25 hrs per week.
Eligibility: you must be eligible to work in the UK
We are now looking for a NVQ Level 2 or above qualified dispenser or equivalent to join the Medicines Technician team. You will be part of the existing team that provides an excellent service to our patients to ensure their healthcare needs are met and provide support to our staff to ensure that, together, we offer an outstanding healthcare experience to every patient.
Your role is:
- To be the point of contact for medication related queries from patients, care homes, GP’s, pharmacies and other healthcare providers.
- Support the senior medicines technician in implementing agreed prescribing changes.
- Support safe prescribing by undertaking medication monitoring, contacting patients’ to book appointments needed, chasing any hospital blood results and alerting the relevant clinical staff to any non-compliance with monitoring or any abnormal results.
- Implement medication reconciliation through assisting with changes from hospital letters and new patient registrations.
- Assist other departments in processing medication queries in line with current SOPs, generating prescriptions, contacting the patient or referring to GP when unable to process.
- Ensure any dossett changes are made correctly, timely and the pharmacy is informed via email of any changes.
- Managing out of stock alternative requests from pharmacies and clinicians, where able suggesting suitable alternatives to the GP and informing the patient.
- Process end of month prescription send off for Cathedral Medical Centre.
- Ensure items required for Cathedral Medical Centre are ordered, delivered and documented.
- Work in line with all current SOPs, formularies, guidance and practice policies.
- Service-minded, driven to help others and make the patient experience as straightforward as possible.
- Confident talking to patients from diverse backgrounds with diverse needs, with demonstrable experience of guiding patients through challenging conversations to a successful conclusion.
- A diplomatic communicator and skilled listener, effective at representing the organisation professionally, and managing expectations of both colleagues and patients.
- Adaptable, responsive, and learning-minded in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Organised and methodical in your approach to ensuring that tasks and processes are completed on time.
- Adept at managing complexity and uncertainty in real time with patients.
- Pro-active in spotting issues or gaps in information or process, and finding pragmatic solutions to problems.
- Competent in, and keen to learn, the use of technology and software, including online tools, to facilitate more collaborative, effective working and deliver better patient experience.
SystmOne experience desirable but not essential.
NVQ 2 qualification or equivalent experience in Dispensary or Community Pharmacy environment.