- Mereside Medical Group
- Staploe Medical Centre, Soham, or work from home
- £9.28 per hour, 32 hours per week
- 2107_Medical Secretary
- Health & Medical
- Contract Type
- Part Time
Based: Staploe Medical Centre, Soham, or working from home as appropriate due to COVID restrictions.
Rate: £9.50 per hour
Basis: permanent, 32 hours per week
Eligibility: you must be eligible to work in the UK
We are now looking for a Medical Secretary to join our current team to provide support to our patients to ensure their healthcare needs are met and to our staff to ensure that, together, we offer an outstanding healthcare experience to every patient. Your role has three main aims:
- Facilitate effective communication between patients, members of the primary health care team, secondary care and other associated healthcare agencies.
- Provide general assistance to the Practice Team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and visitors, either in person or via the telephone.
- Undertake a variety of administrative duties to assist in the smooth running of the Practice including the provision of secretarial and clerical support to clinical staff and other members of the Practice Team.
By its nature this is a varied role, whose priorities of the day can vary tremendously. You should be enthusiastic, adaptable, and solutions-minded, with a strong natural aptitude for technology, and credible experience in patient support or customer service roles. Primary healthcare is broad, complex, and ever-changing, so there are endless opportunities to learn. This is a great role for you if you love learning new things – tools, technologies, processes – and you thrive off being kept on your toes to adapt as things change, while contributing to a bigger picture.
You will work proactively with colleagues across the organisation to ensure quality of service for patients and efficient ways of working within and among teams.
- Deal with a wide range of patient enquiries by telephone, face-to-face, and online through our remote consultation platform, AskMyGP, ensuring that patients are directed to the most appropriate healthcare professional in a timely manner.
- Build and maintain a solid grasp of the key pathways to care and the processes required to ensure patients get the care they need.
- Communicate proactively with colleagues across the practice to ensure that you and staff are aware of any protocol changes or patient updates, and that patients are always given the most up to date guidance and advice.
- Be familiar with the clinical rota on each day, including where clinicians are working, so that you can advise patients accordingly.
- Act as one of the first points of contact for the organisation, both internally and externally, and signpost effectively.
- Record patient communications accurately and succinctly on relevant patient systems, processing and recording information in accordance with practice procedures.
- Managing all referral to secondary care and private providers
- Worklist Management on Electronic Referral System
- Open incoming post, and scan and assign letters from hospitals and outside agencies to the correct notes and Doctors
- Monitor and action individual/team tasks and emails, working collaboratively as a team to ensure tasks are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Dealing with insurance reports, medicals and payments for private medical work
- Management of requests for patient information ensuring compliance with GDPR.
- Opening, sorting and distributing incoming post; franking outgoing post and taking to post office.
- Ensure the non-clinical workspace is kept tidy and organised.
- Provide general administrative support to Practice staff as requested.
- Service-minded, driven to help others and make the patient experience as straightforward as possible.
- Confident talking to patients from diverse backgrounds with diverse needs, with demonstrable experience of guiding patients through challenging conversations to a successful conclusion.
- A diplomatic communicator and skilled listener, effective at representing the organisation professionally, and managing expectations of both colleagues and patients.
- Adaptable, responsive, and learning-minded in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Organised and methodical in your approach to ensuring that tasks and processes are completed on time.
- Adept at managing complexity and uncertainty in real time with patients.
- Pro-active in spotting issues or gaps in information or process, and finding pragmatic solutions to problems.
- Competent in, and keen to learn, the use of technology and software, including online tools, to facilitate more collaborative, effective working and deliver better patient experience.
More search results
Finance, Administration and Secretarial support
CODE Development Planners Ltd
HGV Driver for Artic with Large Capacity, Long Re…
Hills Haulage Services
On call firefighters
Nottinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service
Easter Revision Course Tutors
North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust Chair
North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust