Events Planner and Research Assistant (maternity cover – one-year contract)
Events Planner and Research Assistant
(maternity cover – one-year contract)
Society of Editors. Cambridge
The Society of Editors is looking for a well organised person to join their small team based in Cambridge for a period of maternity leave cover.
The role will involve helping to plan and execute the society’s varied events, including its annual conference, national and regional media wards, regular seminars and lectures.
The role will also include working to support the executive director and society board in providing research to support initiatives and campaigns to promote the society’s aims.
The successful applicant will ideally have some background in journalism, either through employment or education, or have a keen understanding and interest in the world of the media and newspapers.
Essential qualities include:
· Strong organisational skills.
· Good internet skills.
· Strong writing skills.
· Good understanding of social media.
· Good general knowledge and interest in news and current affairs.
· Ability to work without supervision.
· Flexibility to travel and be away for short periods.
· Good people skills.
Desirable qualities include:
· Journalism training or experience.
· Knowledge of events and hospitality.
Closing date - Friday December 7th
Applications – CV and covering letter – to Society of Editors Executive Director Ian Murray at Ian.email@example.com