Grade: Level 1A
All Saints Inter-Church Academy
Line Manager: Assistant Headteacher
Hours: 8:30am-3:15pm Monday to Friday for 38 weeks per year
Main purpose of the job
To support the classroom teacher to facilitate the active participation of children in the academic and social activities of the school.
Main responsibilities and tasks
1. Support for the children
- Under the direction of the teacher, carry out pre-determined tasks to support pupil learning.
- Establish and maintain supportive relationships with individual pupils or small groups to ensure they understand and can achieve the tasks.
- Provide learning support as required for children with special needs, or where English is not their first language.
- Help with the care and support for pupils, including attending to their emotional and/or physical care needs.
- Support inclusion in the classroom ensuring all pupils feel involved with tasks and activities.
2. Support for the curriculum
- Under the direction of the teacher, support the school curriculum, including literacy and numeracy activities.
- Support the use of ICT in the curriculum.
3. Support the Teacher
- Provide information to help the class teacher plan appropriate work programmes.
- Help to prepare the learning environment for use.
- Undertake support activities for the teacher as required, i.e. photocopying, preparation of materials, mounting displays.
- Contribute to the management of pupil behaviours and take control of minor situations to allow the teacher to continue the lesson.
4. Support for the school
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with other staff.
- Contribute to the maintenance of a safe and healthy environment.
- Attend and actively participate in staff meetings.
- Provide support for school events e.g. school plays, events.
Please click apply now to contact us for an application pack.
Closing date for all applications is Friday 26th April 2019
All Saints is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and require all staff; governors and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow Safer Recruitment Practices which include, but are not limited to, applying for an enhanced DBS check, right to work in the UK and qualifications check, satisfactory references and medical clearance for all newly appointed staff.
The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and two appropriate references.