- March - Thorney - Cambridge sites
- excellent rates of pay - dependant on experience
- Job Level
- Manual Skilled
- Contract Type
- Full Time
PCML is a successful award-winning engineering company who are contract manufacturers of complex, precision-engineering components and assemblies for UK customers in high technology growth sectors. They have multiple sites throughout the Cambridgeshire area and PCML are looking for qualified people to join sites in March, Peterborough and Teversham near Cambridge.
The role of the skilled CNC Programmer/Miller/Setter/Operator will be to produce precision machined components by programming, editing, setting and operating computer numerical control (CNC) machines to meet customer demand and expectation.
Key Responsibilities of a CNC Programmer/Miller/Setter/Operator include: -
- Being flexible to operate any of the machinery required to meet the production schedule and agreed targets
- To ensure orders are completed to the correct standard, within budget and on time to meet the company Quality Objectives
- To work from customer drawings and specifications to produce programs to the company standard format.
- Understand, interpret and edit programs to the standard company format.
- To inspect parts following the Checking/Inspection Process
- Actively monitor working practises and provide feedback to improve efficiencies and job profitability
- Comply with the company Health & Safety procedures
- Maintain a clean and manageable work area ensuring that housekeeping standards are maintained in accordance with the Company Code Of Conduct
- Undertake weekly maintenance checks of machinery and record in the machinery maintenance log
- Comply with the company Environmental and Recycling policy
- Willing to train and knowledge share to other team members including apprentices
- Undertaking any additional duties as required
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working in a similar engineering role. The successful candidate will be a strong team player with an enthusiastic and positive attitude who holds strong organisational and time management skills.
Key skills and knowledge requirements for the role of CNC Programmer/Miller/Setter/Operator available at all sites across our group:
- Must live within a commutable distance of either Peterborough, March or Teversham.
- Ability to online program (duckboard) or CADCAM (One cnc/Feature Cam)
- Proficient in CNC Programming with Fanuc, Haas or siemens control systems
- Highly skilled with min 3 years experience
- Excellent rates of pay
- Employee assistance programme
- Quarterly performance bonus scheme
- Full uniform provided
- 22 Days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Canteen Facilites at each site
- Parking at each site