A vacancy has arisen for a full-time forestry worker to work within our existing Forestry team.
Nature of the role
To undertake tasks set out by the Forestry Foreman which could be within the park or on the wider Estate. This will include all aspects of estate forestry and general estate maintenance.
1. The Forestry team carry out the following functions: -
i. Ride maintenance and swiping
ii. Hedge cutting
iv. Maintenance of new plantings
v. Some thinning and felling
i. Tree maintenance
ii. New plantings and tree shelters
iv. Maintenance of hunt jumps
v. HLS works
c. Estate property and grounds maintenance
i. Vacant properties
ii. Maintenance of trees adjacent to public highways and in other risk areas
iii. Clearing windblow
iv. Responding to other unplanned maintenance tasks
d. Sundry Tasks
i. Logs and delivery to estate staff
ii. Christmas trees - cutting and delivery to local schools and churches
- Aptitude for machinery maintenance
- Ability to manually lift loads of up to 25kg in a safe manner
- Willingness to work as part of a team under supervision and direction and able to work on their own
- Willingness to take on a variety of tasks and be flexible when faced with competing demands on time
- Comfortable with country sports
- Capable of working to high quality standards
- Awareness and appreciation of safety issues
The successful applicant must be trained to a minimum level of NPTC units CS30 and 31, hold a full UK Drivers Licence and have some experience diving agricultural machinery.
Additional relevant experience and certificates would be advantageous, particularly in spraying and fencing.
Competitive starting salary and enrolment into the company pension scheme.
If you are interested in the above position, please apply with a CV and covering letter.