AT THE ROOT OF THE BEST JOB VACANCIES
A strong sense of integrity is at the heart of RAGT, with staff adopting a personable approach, being easy to engage with.
Our cutting edge, company wide experience provides us with a unique way of developing and breeding the seeds we grow, the varieties we sell and the advice we provide.
It is for these reasons that RAGT is Europe’s number one cereal seed provider, supplying seed across the world.
We are looking for a flexible, self-motivated, team orientated and practical person to join our established teams at RAGT, based at our Ickleton site, near Cambridge. This position is split between two departments, working 8 months with our Analytical laboratory team and 4 months with our Wheat Breeding team.
Opening date for applications: Wednesday 19th June 2019
Closing date for applications: Thursday 11th July 2019
Interviews held on: Tuesday 23rd July 2019
Competitive salary and company benefits.
A practical hands on role with both teams, you will be required to assist in screening quality using various laboratory techniques for all European cereal programmes and selection, preparation and harvesting of pedigree and trials material.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Preparation of samples – weighing, measuring, routine milling
- Carrying out routine assays - NIR, electrophoresis, dough rheology to a high standard
- Nursery and Trials harvesting including use of machinery – plot combine, tractor, forklift
- Assistance with nurseries and trials inspections, recording disease and agronomic characteristics
- Assistance with selecting, tagging and labelling of pedigree material
Qualifications and Experience
- GCSE or equivalent in Maths, English and Science and basic I.T skills
- Previous experience in agriculture/horticulture and/or laboratory is preferable but not essential - full training will be provided.
- Good communication, attention to detail and organisational skills
- Full driving licence required
This is a permanent, full-time role, working a basic 37.0 hours per week, with weekend work and overtime required at seasonal peaks of the year.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter.