Assistant Shop Manager
- Maximise store income and profits by delivering exceptional retail standards, with visual merchandising, optimising selling price, and Gift Aid acquisition at its core
- Provide excellent customer service, whether that’s in person or over the phone/email
- Engage and train volunteers to provide additional operational support
Day to Day Activities – Income and Costs
- Deliver high quality, cost effective income generation through day to day management of the shop
- Maintain a high standard of presentation, both in the windows interior of the shop and back of house
- Ensure the sales floor layout is as per the current Hospice guidelines in conjunction with your
- Achieve and maintain high standards of housekeeping, organisation and cleanliness throughout the shop premises
- Implement all POS as directed by Hospice instructions and Marketing bulletins.
- Actively promote Gift Aid to meet or exceed the required conversion rates
- If appropriate, inform customers about how our funds support the Hospice and encourage rounding up at the till
Day to Day Activities - Stock
- Actively encourage the public to donate saleable stock through strategic stock generation plan, in conjunction with Shop Manager
- Actively promote and achieve the required Gift Aid (GA) conversion rates and to manage the GA process to HMRC requirements
- Ensure there is adequate flow of stock from stockroom to the shop floor in order to support the turnover of the shop
- Ensure there is adequate stock available on the shop floor, at all times, in all categories.
- The role will demand moving a lot of stock on a daily basis.
- Select & price stock at a consistent level in accordance with Isabel Hospice price guides
- Rotate stock on a daily basis which will refresh the shop floor making it more desirable to returning customer.
- Comply with all instructions regarding the sale, and stock control of New Goods
- Facilitate the education of donors on good quality donations to minimise goods going to waste
Managing Performance and Operations
- Actively recruit volunteers and provide training so they are able to perform their jobs efficiently and effectively
- Provide training and development for volunteers to enable them to perform their jobs efficiently and effectively and adhere to Health & Safety mandatory training models including E-learning
- Support Shop Manager to organise a 4 week rota to ensure the shop runs effectively and the shop floor and sort room tasks are allocated
- Create an organised and pleasant working environment for staff and volunteers
- Inform volunteers of business communications, promotions and information relating to the great work of Isabel Hospice
- Ensure equality & diversity polices are adhered to and training is filtered through to volunteers
- Ensure all relevant administration is completed on time and according to the Isabel Hospice
- Banking completed daily, and all cash handling complies with Hospice regulations and standards
- Ensure all financial, cash handling and security procedures are adhered to as per the Isabel Hospice Manager’s Manual.
- Key holder alongside Shop Manager to ensuring that the shop is secure whenever it is left unattended
- Notify the local police, your Shop Manager, Area Manager and Head Office in the event of a break in, shop lifting or security incident
- Notify your Shop Manager in the event of suspected theft or dishonesty by any member of staff.
- Ensure that no unauthorised person is allowed to inspect the shop or to examine sales or other records
- Ensure all staff and volunteers lock all purses and valuables in a locker
- Complete all required back office IT systems processes to Isabel Hospice standards
- Provide a safe environment that protects all staff, volunteers and the public
- Cover other shops within the Isabel Hospice area dependant on the needs of the business.
- Be flexible to work weekends dependant on the needs of the business.
- Provide excellent customer service by telephone, email and in person, including responding to customer questions
- Interact with customers to provide a friendly and approachable environment to enhance customer shopping experience
- If appropriate, interact with donors to encourage loyalty and stock acquisition
- Manage content for Social Platforms (Instragram) if applicable, to highlight our good quality stock and increase brand awareness in the community