Full Time - Carers
Location: The Hailey & Wimbledon House
Salary: Dependent on Qualifications
The Hailey and Wimbledon House are recruiting full time staff to work in their busy residential care home looking after service users with Mental Health needs.
40 hours per week to include every other weekend working a combination of 8am - 4.30pm & 11.30am - 8pm shifts.
Applicants will ideally have care experience however full induction and training is provided.
Main Tasks of Job
1. To be responsible principally for residents’ personal care needs. To provide health
supervision and attention through direct observations of care staff delivering personal care
with their individual needs and promote good practice.
2. To assist and oversee residents who need help with dressing, undressing, bathing and
toileting. Additionally, assist those with mobility issues, physical disabilities and help in the
use of care aids and equipment.
3. To care for residents who are temporarily sick or needing for example, minor dressings, bed
nursing etc. under the guidance of community health teams.
4. To help care for residents who are dying under the guidance of community health teams.
5. Assist residents in keeping their room clean & tidy, make and change beds, empty
commodes where required.
6. Help to maintain personal belonging and clothing, laundry and repairs where necessary.
7. To work in the promotion of mental and physical activity of residents through talking to
them, taking them out, sharing with them in activities such as reading, writing, hobbies and
8. To read, record and document on the PassSystem adequate records of client care and
support, ensuring assessments, care plans and risk assessments are followed. Making
management aware of any relevant updates are required on IT equipment. Maintain the
safe use of IT equipment, that tablets are charged and fully operational and ensure the safe
use of tablets to prevent damage.
7 Ensure that passwords are not shared and records are not completed on behalf of others to
maintain date protection of client information.
8 Follow all policies and procedures particularly the safe administration of medicines.
Regularly update management of changes to client and staff needs.
9 To be actively involved in the development of activities for residents in which they can join,
and which will enhance their quality of life.
10 Prepare and serve meals, assisting those with specific needs such as feeding, monitoring
11 Assist in monitoring residents daily dietary requirements, food consumption, portion sizes
and presentation at all mealtimes, document and discuss with chef any changes to client
12 Maintain a professional attitude whilst on duty, particularly when answering the telephone,
greeting visitors and professionals to the home.
13 To conduct all procedures within the home with due regard to health & safety. To be familiar
with the regulations as set out by Regulatory Authorities i.e. CQC, Food Safety, Health &
Safety and Fire.
14 To attend supervisions, staff meetings and training activities as directed.
15 To undertake other duties as necessary
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as
necessitated by your changing role within All About Care and our overall business objectives.