required from September 2022
22.5 hours per week
Term time + 1 week INSET (39 weeks)
Starting salary £9,493 per annum
+ local government pension scheme
South Lincolnshire Academies Trust is dedicated to providing quality fresh food for our students and staff and we work in a friendly environment to create healthy meals which taste great. The Trust aim to ensure that all aspects of food and nutrition promote the health and well-being of students, staff and visitors, supporting individual needs as appropriate.
A vacancy has arisen within the Bourne Academy Catering Department for an Assistant to work 22.5 hours per week – additional hours may be required to cover for staff absence (actual working hours will be discussed at interview).
Working within a fast paced, busy school kitchen, the ideal candidate will need to work at pace and as part of a team.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Assisting in the preparation and cooking of meals and beverages on a daily basis in accordance with agreed recipes/methods
- Assist in the serving of meals in line with agreed procedures and maintaining counter presentation, providing an efficient and polite service to customers;
- Preparation of the dining area;
- Assist in the storage and rotation of food stocks and ensure the food storage areas are maintained clean and in a tidy condition;
- Assist in washing and clearing away of all associated equipment, utensils and crockery;
- To take and record temperatures prior to service and during service when required;
- To report any faults or defects of premises, light and heavy equipment to the Director of Catering;
- To operate the in-house cashless catering system;
- Assist in the daily cleaning of all catering areas as per the cleaning schedule to an agreed standard;
- To undergo on and off the job training sessions as directed;
- To be able to work in various catering areas, covering various commensurate duties as required (ie: the canteen or food POD);
- To undertake any other duties that may be required for the effective operation of the catering department;
- Follow Food Safety and Health & Safety policies.
- The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all its staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- All post holders are subject to satisfactory clearances prior to taking up an offer of employment.
For an application form and further information please visit www.slat.org.uk
Closing date for applications is 9am
Thursday 30th June 2022. Interviews will follow shortly thereafter.