- Start Date: Required to start asap
- Pay: Grade 3 Point 7 £20,443 per annum
- Full Time - 37 hours per week/52 weeks per year
We are seeking to appoint a proactive and energetic IT Technician to join our IT Services team. The role requires you to support our staff and students through the management, maintenance, and development of all IT equipment and the provision of technical advice and support for IT related activities.
Who are we?
Thurston Community College is a large popular mixed comprehensive school. It comprises of two distinct and specialist sites. Our Thurston Campus, for students from Year 7 to Year 11 is situated four miles east of Bury St Edmunds. Thurston Sixth; Beyton Campus is located in the nearby village of Beyton, offering a bespoke centre of excellence for students in Year 12 and Year 13. Both locations provide an exciting, dynamic learning environment, where students display a positive attitude to learning and make good progress.
We are a school that boasts a strong sense of community and prides itself on its culture of high expectations and values. The wellbeing and education of every young person is fundamental to us. We work hard to provide a safe and happy environment within which every student can grow and achieve personal, social and academic success. We are proud of our inclusive approach and strive to ensure learning is enjoyable and seen as a lifelong process.
Our purpose is simple; to inspire a love of learning, empower our college community with the knowledge and skills to help them make meaningful choices and contribute positively to the world in which we live.
To achieve excellence in all aspects of school life.
A new Principal was appointed in September 2021 and together with the Governing Body has set an exciting and aspirational vision for the College over the next five years.
What we can offer?
Our staff are our biggest asset, and the success of our students depends upon them. A few things we offer are:
- A comprehensive CPD programme for all staff
- For early careers teachers we can offer a start date of 1 July 2022, giving you the opportunity to embed yourself within the College community before the next academic year begins.
- A supportive, open and approachable leadership team
- Friendly colleagues who are always happy to help each other
- On-site parking
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free tea, coffee and biscuits!
If you are excited by this post, its challenges and opportunities; if you relish the prospect of joining our team of committed and excellent staff; We very much look forward to hearing from you. Please visit our website for further information or if you would like to discuss this post further please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com.
- Deadline for applications: 9am, Friday 8 July 2022