Working as part of a team to provide school transport services to children attending the school with a morning and evening bus run on designated routes in the East Dorset/West Hampshire area. Reporting to the Transport Manager. This is a position working Monday to Friday during term time. Hours are early morning and late afternoon, three or four hours per day, depending on route. Additional overtime hours may be available from time-to-time. The successful applicant will be required to undergo MiDAS training (or similar).
• Responsible for the health and safety, comfort and welfare of pupils and staff whilst being carried in the vehicle.
• Carrying out daily and weekly vehicle checks, and to carry out basic maintenance (topping up fluid levels, tyre pressures, etc.).
• Reporting any vehicle defects, faults, incidents and accidents.
• Ensuring the vehicle is in a clean and roadworthy condition before and after use.
• Refuelling vehicles as required.
• Covering for absent colleagues.
• Working within health and safety guidelines and other guidelines that may be issued from time-to-time.
• Working within the constraints and guidelines as set out in the Minibus Drivers’ Operating Instructions
• Must hold a current, clean and valid driving licence which includes either D1 or a PCV licence.
• An ability to communicate with a range of people.
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
• Reliable and trustworthy.
• Flexible approach to working arrangements.
• Sensitivity to user needs.
• Good geographical knowledge of local area.
• Previous experience of driving a minibus or similar sized vehicles would be advantageous.
This post will be subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure