Based in the centre of Bishop’s Stortford.
We are a very friendly patient / client-focused Optical Practice, currently in our 100th year, with an emphasis on and reputation for excellent customer care and clinical expertise.
Full-time or part-time (24-40 hours per week exclusive of overtime).
Tuesdays-Fridays 9:00am-5:30pm and Saturdays 9:00am-4:00pm.
Closed on Sundays, Mondays and Bank Holidays.
Hours and days are otherwise flexible and negotiable.
Salary competitive depending on experience.
Opportunities for further training.
This role is a key part of the patient / client journey; the receptionist is the ‘front-face’ of the Practice and almost invariably the first team member that customers meet on entering. Confidentiality, integrity and discretion in a culture of trust, care and professionalism are imperative at all times.
Skills Required :
- Organised, conscientious and reliable with excellent customer service skills.
- Able to multi-task in an often-busy environment.
- Computer literate and conversationally articulate.
- Able to take concise messages and communicate with other team members.
- Able to oversee the general running of the practice administration.
- Able to maintain stationery stock levels and oversee the ordering of new supplies.
- Positive, friendly, helpful and approachable.
- Able to deliver exceptional patient / client care.
- A team-player, happy and willing to assist when and where required
- Confident to engage with patients / clients both in person and on the telephone.
Depending on current experience and skills, in-house training will be given for basic spectacle dispensing and sales.
There will also be opportunities to interact with sales reps. to help choose the spectacle frames we stock.
Salary: £9.50 - £12.50 per hour
- At least one sight test / eye examination and free spectacles & lenses annually.
- Overtime paid and pension available.
- Casual, but presentable, dress encouraged.
Ashwell & Barrie Ltd. - The Family Optician. Principal Optometrist : Mr S.A. Harris BSc (Hons) FBDO MCOptom
Registered in England No. : 08838651. Registered office : 7 The Shrubberies, South Woodford, London E18 1BD, UK. VAT No. : 197 1916 67