Join us at EcoCooling
EcoCooling is the largest manufacturer and distributor of fresh air direct evaporative coolers
in the UK. Fresh air and evaporative cooling are simple, safe and natural alternatives to
refrigeration. Our evaporative cooling and ventilation systems are designed to be used
across the World!
Due to increased workload, we are currently recruiting:
Salary Negotiable, depending on experience
Full time, initial 6-month contract with possibility to become permanent
- PLC Programming Experience (any PLC manufacturer considered) from scratch and
modifying existing programs.
- HMI / SCADA Programming Experience (any manufacturer considered).
- Experience of using PLCs for controlling industrial systems/machines.
- Ability to read electrical schematics.
- Ability to test own software on test rigs/machine test beds; make minor wiring
changes and incorporate components for test.
- Ability to manage own workload and to think logically but also ask for help when
- Ability to expand an initial specification to a functional software specification for
- Knowledge of Modbus RTU (RS485) and Modbus over TCP/IP.
- Experience of Crouzet, Carel and Schneider PLCs.
- Experience of Weintek HMIs.
- Experience of using PLCs for controlling finished stand-alone machines.
- Experience of HVAC industry.
- Knowledge of machinery directive.
- Knowledge of wiring regulations, e.g., BS7671 18 th edition, IEC 60204-1.
- Electrical Fault finding.
- Knowledge of Ethernet networks.
- Ability to partly / fully re-wire control panels (if needed for testing).
Working hours: 8am to 5pm, 30-minute lunch and 2 tea breaks
Pay: Competitive rate of hourly pay - Fixed term 6-month contract initially
Hands on assembly role in a factory environment using hand tools and automated
machinery following standard operating procedures (SOP), to a high quality standard in a
clean, safe working environment.
- Willingness to learn with acute attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team but also using own initiative
- Experience within a factory and/or manufacturing environment (preferred)
- Electrical or Electronic assembly background (preferred)
- Some knowledge of Lean manufacturing processes (would be good)
Must already be eligible to live and work in the UK, due to location own transport
required. Good standard of spoken and written English essential.
To apply email our HR Manager: Annemarievis@ecocooling.co.uk with a copy of your CV
or post to EcoCooling Ltd, Symonds Farm Business Park, Newmarket Road, Risby,