ST ELIZABETH’S CENTRE
SEN LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANT
£19,293 - £20,097 PER ANNUM – SCHOOL
£21,078 - £21,956 PER ANNUM - COLLEGE
Do you have a passion for supporting children and young people to achieve and succeed? If so, we want to hear from you!
Who are we?
St Elizabeth’s School and College is a centre of expertise in supporting and educating young people with moderate or severe learning difficulties or other complex neurological conditions potentially caused or complicated by epilepsy. We have exciting opportunities for enthusiastic and committed Learning Support Assistants to join our talented multi-disciplinary School & College teams.
We are located in Much Hadham, Hertfordshire.
As an LSA you will:
- Be an integral part of each class, supporting learners with specific and targeted curriculum, helping them to achieve their learning goals
- Promote independence and learning in line with their well-being
- Assist with developing and implementing education and behaviour plans and to track progress
- Ensure a safe and secure learning environment
- Establish good relationships with learners and respond appropriately to individual needs
- Support the child’s personal needs including social, hygiene and medication if required
We are looking for individuals who have excellent verbal and written communication skills, good numeracy and literacy skills along with patience and understanding to work with learners in a manner which gives them maximum choice and independence. You will enjoy working as part of a team and will be able to effectively foster positive relationships with colleagues and learners. Ideally, you will have had previous experience working with children and young people with learning disabilities, however it is not essential as full-training will be provided.
What we can offer
- Term time only roles working Monday – Friday each week, 39 weeks (School) or 40 weeks (College) per year
- Part-time and full-time opportunities available
- Career progression and training opportunities to help with professional development
- Based at our beautiful countryside location in Much Hadham
- Eligible for shopping and leisure discounts via the Blue Light Card
- Free onsite parking
- Paid enhanced DBS
How to apply
To apply, please complete an application form and upload an up to date CV on our website https://www.stelizabeths.org.uk/careers-at-st-elizabeths/current-vacancies/.
All offers are conditional and subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks and references including an enhanced DBS check. Please note we are not on a public transport route. The salary range advertised is based on full-time equivalent and appointment on the scale is dependent on the role, qualifications and experience.
St Elizabeth’s Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, vulnerable adults and young people. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring Service. Some of our positions involve regulated activity relevant to vulnerable children, adults and young people. It is a criminal offence for people who are barred from working in regulated activity to apply for roles that require them to work unsupervised with that particular group. Our vacancies are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Registered Charity 1176777